Our Work » Study Committees » A2 Transformers
To facilitate and promote the progress of engineering and the international exchange of information and knowledge in the field of transformers. To add value to this information and knowledge by means of synthesising state of the art practices and developing recommendations.
The scope of the SC Transformers covers:
- all kinds of power transformers including industrial, DC converter and phase-shifting transformers;
- all type of reactors (shunt, series , saturated, smoothing, etc.); and
- transformer components (bushings, tap changers, accessories).
The field of study includes:
- design, construction and manufacture, including in site erection;
- application of material;
- asset management (maintenance and operation, condition monitoring, techniques in service, repair and refurbishment, disposal, etc.);
- safety and environmental aspects (noise, oil spill, fire, explosion, EMC, etc.);
- quality assurance and testing;
- behaviour of and interaction with the system under normal and abnormal conditions;
- dependability (reliability, availability, maintainability, safety), risk management; and
- economic aspects, decision making.
Each Study Committee oversees a number of Working Groups.