D2 Information Systems and Telecommunication
To facilitate and promote the progress of engineering and the international exchange of information and knowledge in the field of information systems and telecommunication. To add value to this information and knowledge by means of synthesising state of the art practices and developing recommendations.
To provide technical support and sound work for international standardisation activities.
To monitor the emerging technologies in its fields of activity, evaluating their possible impact on the EPI.
To continually adapt to present and evaluate future needs of systems, networks, customers and players inside the EPI in its fields of competence.
In a broad sense, the principles, design, specifications, engineering, commissioning, performance, operation and maintenance aspects on the following items are covered:
- Telecommunication and information needs and services in the EPI such as all types of data transmission, from voice to video, specialised signalling for tele-protection, SCADA, DMS, EMS, measurement and billing systems;
- Information systems for both operational and business activities;
- Best practices for delivery of IT and telecommunication services to the EPI;
- Data collection, validation and management;
- Telecommunication devices, media, networks and applications used in the EPI environment;
- Requirements on information systems and services: flow-control, economy, transparency, regulation, quality and security (including its management and implementation); and
- Consideration of other related technologies which could pave the way towards an integrated enterprise.
Each Study Committee oversees a number of Working Groups.