CIGRE 2014 Session a Success !
CIGRE's major Biennial Session for 2014 held in Paris has now successfully concluded with more than 3235 senior executives, experts, CEOs and young engineers from the international power industry, and in excess of 8500 trade visitors from some 97 countries.
The Session provided a unique opportunity to listen to contributions from international senior executives, as well as experts and specialists through official presentations, panel discussions, technical meetings and poster sessions.
In parallel with the Session, a Technical xhibition was held in the same location with over 240 exhibitors. The exhibition offered the opportunity to all visitors, including Cigré delegates, to discover new services, tools, equipment and materials, as well as the most advanced technologies in the field of power systems.
Main themes discussed included:
- Eco design of equipment
- Maintenance, refurbishment and life time of equipment
- Real time monitoring of equipment and systems
- Development of DC solutions
- Co-ordination between TSOs
- Public acceptance of equipment
- Integration of renewables
- Active distribution systems
- Information systems
Four main strategic directions for Cigré technical activities were identified:
- The Electrical Power System of the Future: super grids, smart grids, etc.
- Making best use of the existing power system
- Focus on environment and sustainability
- Communication on power system issues to the audience
Some technical articles and items of interest will be published on the website over the coming weeks