Power Transformer Tap Changers - Design, Maintenance and Retrofit
The University of Queensland’s Australasian Transformer Innovation Centre (TIC),
is pleased to announce it will be hosting it’s first advanced CPD course in 2020.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Understand the basic principles of tap changers, including oil, vacuum.
- Learn the basic arrangement of regulating windings, benefits and issues of oil and vacuum diverters. Tap changer considerations for renewables and grid integration.
- Understand key tap changer specification considerations.
- Understand tap changer designs and applications, differences between diverter and selector type, loading capability, the effects on transformer windings.
- Become familiar with OLTC maintenance for oil and vacuum types. Understand key items of diverter maintenance, steps to take for high diverter moisture content.
- Participate in a forum for OLTC fault investigation and supply restoration.
- Understand MR & ABB retrofit options where oil diverters are replaced by vacuum type diverters.
- Understand the benefits of dynamic resistance tests.
- Be informed of innovative condition assessment of tap-changers using acoustic measurements, signal processing techniques used and results from field trials, case study.
- Be exposed to how some utilities are implementing life cycle oriented maintenance of tap changers.
- Learn about high moisture issues in diverters, DGA assessment, life extension.
Learn about OLTC failures due to silver sulphide formation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Procurement, asset strategists, maintenance managers and engineers.
- Generation, transmission and distribution personnel.
Consultants, designers and operations staff in the renewables, manufacturing, mining, industrial and infrastructure organisations.