Introduction to PSCAD
The Australian Power Quality and Reliability Centre – University of Wollongong is pleased to offer this course on PSCAD.
This course provides an introduction to the use of PSCAD and EMT modelling for the
purposes of undertaking power system transient studies. It has been designed to give
participants with little or no experience with PSCAD, the knowledge required to build
EMT models of power systems and related components, execute simulations and
retrieve results for analysis. After successful completion of the course, participants
• Have an understanding of EMT modelling, its benefits and uses within the
context of the Australian power system
• Be able to navigate the PSCAD user interface and understand project
• Understand how to build EMT models in PSCAD and execute simulations
• Have the ability to generate outputs from the PSCAD workspace for
• Understand the key components of network modelling for the purpose of
undertaking power system studies in the time-domain
The course fee is AUD$1770 including GST per person. Participants may count course hours towards their continuing professional development requirements.