AUPEC - 2018 - Transition to a low-carbon Energy Future
AUPEC (Australasian Power Engineering Universities Committee) is running its annual conference in Auckland in late November 2018 and has now called for interested parties to submit papers.
The Power Systems Group from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Auckland is pleased to host the 28th Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference (AUPEC) 2018. The conference will be held from 27-30 November at the University of Auckland. The Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference is the top conference in power engineering in Australia, South East Asia and New Zealand. It provides a forum for university researchers, industry researchers, and experts in power engineering to share ideas, present results, consider past experiences, and discuss new and innovative ideas.
Key highlights of the event will be:
• Keynote presentations from academic and practice leaders in the field.
• Presentation and poster sessions for idea sharing and discussion.
• Tutorial sessions and industry visits organised by industry practitioners.
• Women in Power/Young Professionals Networking Forum.
• Training skills workshop on the requirement of the next workforce.
The Organising Committee of AUPEC 2018 invites researchers, practitioners and students worldwide to submit papers for consideration
to be presented at the conference. Contributions are particularly encouraged in the following subject areas in Power Engineering:
• Power System Operation and Planning
• Power System Protection and Control
• Sustainable Energy Technologies
• Integration of Non-conventional Generation
• Grid Integration of New Technologies
• Power System Reliability
• Power System Resiliency to Disasters
• Distributed, Embedded and Dispersed generation
• Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure
• New Modelling and Simulation approaches
• Asset Management, Diagnostics and Condition Monitoring
• AI application in Power Systems
• High voltage Systems
• Facts, Power Electronics and drives
• Electricity markets and Power System Economics
• Carbon Pricing
• Power System Education
• Smart Grids, Microgrid Development
• Energy Management and Efficiency
• Electrical Machines
• Power System Automation
• Data Analytics in Power System
• Power Quality Analysis, Surveying and Reporting
• Low-Carbon Energy Policy
Submission of full papers (in English) to be considered for inclusion in the conference is via an online submission system. Papers with a maximum length of 6 pages MUST be prepared as a PDF file in IEEE PES technical conference work format. Instructions for preparing papers in IEEE PES technical conference work format can be found at the IEEE PES website. All accepted and presented papers, either through oral or poster format, will be made available in IEEExplore after the conference.